Google's YouTube suffers a major outage around the worldNaija247news

Todd Singleton
October 19, 2018

The most infamous YouTube outage took place a decade ago when a Pakistan ISP accidentally took down the video site around the world for several hours.

Google-owned YouTube says a widespread issue with some of its services has been resolved, nearly two hours after several people took to social media to complain about broadcasting issues.

According to the company's Twitter account, they're working on resolving the issue.

Almost two hours later, it confirmed that the problem had been resolved. Users of different countries had problems due to Youtube's worldwide outage.

Along with being able to carve out ad space for content developed for TV viewing, advertisers will receive television-focused analytics and special options for their ads with this YouTube update, too. The users reported seeing a "500 Internal Server Error" on their screens instead of YouTube. YouTube just changed that.

Arab Nations Pledge Support For Saudi Arabia As 'Khashoggi Affair' Heats Up
Saudi Arabia is leading a coalition of Gulf states in a military campaign against Iranian-backed Houthi rebels in Yemen. Two of the officials said the search could take place as early as Monday afternoon.

Liam Fox pulls out of Saudi investment conference
Now several news outlets - in Turkey and the United States - have reported the existence of audio tapes which they say prove this. Khashoggi's editor said the article "perfectly captures his commitment and passion for freedom in the Arab world".

Naby Keita set to undergo hamstring scan
The extent of Keita's injury is now unknown but it is the latest set-back for Liverpool and another unwanted distraction for Klopp.

While most users are familiar with 404 - page not found - error message 503 means "service unavailable".

Users started reporting outages on Twitter around 6:30 PM PT and as of now, service has not been restored.

After more than an hour of putting up the tweet acknowledging the problem, the company tweeted that they were back in business.

At the same time, Walt Disney Studios was quick to defend themselves, saying it was Ralph's fault that YouTube went down. "We're back! Thanks for all of your patience".

The ban on YouTube, however, was later lifted by the Pakistan government, although some users had already been accessing the video sharing platform through virtual private networks.

Other reports by Free-Prsite

Discuss This Article

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER