Samsung Galaxy Note 9 explodes inside woman’s purse

Todd Singleton
September 18, 2018

While she was in the elevator, she noticed that her phone had become extremely hot. Ahead of the phone's launch Samsung's the CEO of Samsung's mobile division DJ Koh stated that, "The battery in the Galaxy Note 9 is safer than ever".

A woman from NY suffered the shock of her life when a Samsung Galaxy Note 9 burst into flames in her purse.

Softpedia News reported that a lawsuit filed in NY states real estate agent Diane Chung was using her Galaxy Note 9 earlier this month when is started "getting really hot". She placed the phone in her purse, and shortly after she heard a whistling sound, followed by smoke coming out of her bag.

Chung says she became "extremely panicked" because she was alone in the elevator.

Patriots Absolutely Robbed the Browns in Josh Gordon Trade
If Gordon lands in New England and can stay on the field - and that's a big "if" - he could be an instant threat for the Patriots. Although no deal is done, the sides are getting close to an agreement, according to Ian Rapoport of NFL Network.

Donald Trump disputes Puerto Rico Hurricane Maria death toll, blames Democrats
But the Democrats at the press conference stuck with the theme that the Trump administration failed in its response to the hurricane.

Florence's 'violent grind' leaves at least four dead in Carolinas
A buoy off the North Carolina coast recorded waves almost 30 feet (9 meters) high as Florence churned toward shore. At least 12,000 people had taken refuge in 126 emergency shelters, Cooper said, with more facilities being opened.

She kept the purse on the elevator floor and tried to take the phone out, but burned her fingers as it was very hot.

Her trauma didn't end too soon and continued till a man grabbed the burning phone with a cloth and put it inside a water bucket. Calling the experience "traumatic", Chung's lawsuit states that she was unable to call clients, while the Samsung flagship also ruined the contents of her bag. She added that Samsung should have been aware of the "defective" Galaxy Note 9. The issue was disastrous for the company, so it will no doubt be displeased to see a lawsuit alleging that a Galaxy Note 9, the most recent version of the large-screened device, has also ignited.

Back in 2016, Samsung faced a growing crisis after dozens of confirmed reports of exploding batteries inside it's latest phone at the time the Samsung Galaxy Note 7. For its part, Samsung told the Post that it has "not received any reports of similar incidents involving a Galaxy Note 9 device and [is] investigating the matter". Until Samsung comes out with its report, it's hard to say whether we are looking at a flaw in the battery or the incident is due to some external reasons. "Users do not have to worry about the batteries anymore", he said.

Other reports by Free-Prsite

Discuss This Article

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER