Guardians Of The Galaxy 3 Cancelled?!

Emmett Rice
August 26, 2018

Recurring members of the cast, including Dave Bautista, who plays the alien warrior Drax, expressed their dismay at Disney's decision.

Disney and Marvel have reportedly halted production on a third Guardians Of The Galaxy film following the sacking of director James Gunn.

The third installment of the money-making franchise was supposed to be directed by James Gunn, who had helmed the previous two successful movies.

The news comes from The Hollywood Reporter, which states a small group that was preparing for pre-production are being dismissed from their tasks and told they are free to find other work. "The timeline has been pushed out", says a source.

Death Of Mollie Tibbetts Caused By 'Sharp Force Injuries'
He found work on a series of milk farms and often sent money back to his parents in Mexico. While talking to authorities, Rivera described by memory where he left Mollie.

Australia’s political dysfunction a sign of the times
Despite his country's track record, Morrison has promised stability for Australia's political future. The Opposition Leader Bill Shorten expressed his respect for the outgoing prime minister.

British-Iranian woman temporarily released from Tehran prison
Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe with her daughter Gabriella. "We're hoping this is extended for more than three-days". He said he spoke to his wife, who was "full of joy", via Skype, moments after she was released.

While the studio - which didn't offer comment on the shutdown report - figures out how to move forward with Guardians Vol. 3, it makes sense that it wouldn't keep a crew on the payroll for a movie with a vacant director's chair.

Guardians 3 was already in pre-production with full production planned for the autumn and filming expected to start in the New Year.

While a large number of fans and, more importantly, the film's cast had been pushing Disney to re-hire Gunn, that prospect is now firmly off the table after a meeting Gunn had with Disney president Alan Horn last month, where the Disney exec reiterated his position.

Gunn and his UTA reps had pushed hard for Disney to give him a second chance, and studio chairman Alan Horn took a meeting on August 14, but Horn stood by his decision to not reinstate Gunn as director. The original plan was to begin principal photography in January or February ahead of a planned 2020 release.

Other reports by Free-Prsite

Discuss This Article

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER