Manchester City on verge of completing record deal for Riyad Mahrez

Kristopher Nichols
June 2, 2018

Negotiations have accelerated and if everything goes smoothly, the 26-year-old could be wearing the sky blue of the Premier League champions soon.

In January, City walked away from a potential deal for Mahrez because they were put off by Leicester's valuation.

Guardiola has indicated that, after City's stunning league-winning season, he was only searching for two top signings.

Manchester City hope to complete the signing of the Napoli midfielder Jorginho for £42 million next week once he returns from global duty with Italy.

Riyad Mahrez is set to leave Leicester City for Manchester City.

Court filing may show Russia probe nearing close
The former New York City mayor also said the President is "adamant" about doing a sit-down interview with Mueller. Democrats in December held a 13 point advantage in the Real Clear Politics average of generic ballot polls.

Jordan-LeBron debate returns as James seeks fourth title
That will be the focus of our series keys - of course, with the focus still being on Golden State. Andre Iguodala is one of the Warriors' best defenders against Cavaliers superstar LeBron James .

Pusha T's "The Story of Adidon" Artwork Has Been Removed from Instagram
Drake's alleged baby mother, former porn star Sophie Brussaux , becomes the next target on Pusha's hit list. In an interview this morning with the Breakfast Club , Pusha seems to confirm this theory.

Italy global Jorginho, 26, signed for Napoli in 2014 and made 36 appearances for the Serie A side last season, scoring against City in the Champions League in November.

Jorginho is said to have provisionally agreed a long-term contract worth £85,000-a-week with the Premier League champions, subject to a fee being agreed.

However, Santos confirmed that Manchester City have indeed made a fresh offer for Jorginho and they are now waiting for Napoli to respond. If Napoli find an agreement with City we'll evaluate everything.

The newspaper reports that an initial €45m offer was rejected by the Partenopei, who are holding out for €55m.

He appears out of the plans of new Napoli coach Carlo Ancelotti, who replaced Maurizio Sarri last week.

Other reports by Free-Prsite

Discuss This Article

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER