Gennady Golovkin to fight Vanes Martirosyan on 5 May in Los Angeles

Todd Singleton
April 20, 2018

Golovkin (37-0-1, 33 KOs), the crowd-pleasing Kazakh knockout artist, had originally been slated to fight Canelo Álvarez at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas in a rematch of their September blockbuster, which ended in a controversial split draw.

Alvarez, 27, failed two Voluntary Anti-Doping Association tests in February after traces of Clenbuterol were found in his samples.

On Wednesday, Alvarez learned he had been suspended six months by Nevada boxing officials, and will undergo further drug testing. His suspension is retroactive to the date of his first failed test, meaning he is eligible to box again after August 17.

Gennady Golovkin's quest to fight on May 5th has hit another roadblock, as one of the IBF will not sanction a fight against confirmed opponent Vanes Martirosyan.

After pulling out of the fight against unified world champion Golovkin, Alvarez insisted he was not guilty of any wrongdoing. "And our guy is in the gym and ready to fight".

DICE may introduce a battle royale mode in Battlefield 5
Moreover, it was reported that the game would have a co-op randomly generated missions mode along with the scenario mode. We'll have more on Battlefield 5's battle royale mode when new details about the same are out into the open.

Former 'Dance Moms' Star Diagnosed With Cancer
Dance Moms star Abby Lee Miller has been reportedly diagnosed with Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma after undergoing emergency surgery . She had been hospitalized on April 10, reported TMZ.com , for what People magazine later said was a thyroid condition.

Hitting the jackpot: Knights sweep Kings with 1-0 win
The Golden Knights want a Stanley Cup title to conclude their already incredible inaugural season in the National Hockey League . His goals-against average is a career-low 0.66 and he stopped 127 of 130 shots in the series. "We can't forget how this feels".

Golovkin, however, hopes to keep the May 5 fight date and move on to other opposition while hoping to get a second shot at Alvarez later in the year.

"Of course, like everybody said, he's huge Mexican star", Golovkin told reporters in Los Angeles last week. "When they asked me if I'd take this fight, I said yes". It's a good show for L.A. Cinco De Mayo.

"I want to apologize to all my sponsors, the media and to everyone who is involved in the promotion of this event and especially to the fans".

While the first bout between the two was months in the making, Alvarez's suspension and this unexpected delay could perhaps heighten interest and intrigue for a rematch that the boxing world already pegged as the most anticipated fight of the year.

Any rematch between Alvarez and Golovkin will be tinged with animosity. "Vanes dropped [Demetrius] Andrade; he lost a close decision to [Jermell] Charlo that a lot of people thought he won and he lost a competitive fight with Lara".

Other reports by Free-Prsite

Discuss This Article

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER