Casino boat fire victim dies after going home

Frederick Owens
January 16, 2018

"All passengers were able to make it to shore where EMS treated them", the Pasco Sheriff's Office said in a statement.

Authorities responded around 4:17 p.m.

Passengers evacuated to hospital were experiencing smoke inhalation and chest tightening, according to ABC News.

Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point spokesman Kurt Conover said Monday that the woman died late Sunday, hours after the fire. He said the crew made a decision to turn back veering close to a residential neighborhood as smoke belched and then flames kicked up.

Photos from the sheriff's office and Port Richey Police show the shuttle fully engulfed in flames.

As the flames and smoke grew worse, the crew turned back and got close enough to shore to ground the vessel before it was overcome. "I just tried to grab as many people as I could".

Port Richey Chief of Police Gerard DeCanio told The Associated Press the shuttle boat's crew detected engine problems and chose to turn back.

'KUWTK' Cliffhanger: Will Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Thompson Finally Announce Pregnancy?
Chyna and Rob may not be getting back together any time soon or possibly ever, but she is still dealing with the Kardashians. Share your thoughts in the comment section or join the #AmoréNation community to join in the gist.

Mets, Adrian Gonzalez agree to deal
Gonzalez gives the Mets a veteran presence at first base, where Lucas Duda and Dominic Smith mainly patrolled last season. He was then traded to the Red Sox and spent two years in Boston before he was traded to Los Angeles in 2012.

Le'Veon Bell pondering retirement if Steelers franchise tag him again
That might not be something the Steelers, who currently have more than $178 million allocated now to 39 players next season. Bell has wanted a massive contract, citing the desire to help all running backs in an era that has devalued the position.

The casino shuttle boat, owned by Tropical Breeze Casino Cruz, burnt to the hull. It was carrying them off the Florida Gulf Coast to a casino.

The boat was carrying passengers to the Sun Cruz Casino boat, which was anchored in nearby global waters, authorities said.

"They were absolutely frigid when they got out of there", Fossa said.

"We were terrified for everyone on board because they were jumping out very slowly", Bakr Jandali said. The boat caught on fire just 100 yards from shore.

Jandali said passengers had to jump down about 12 feet (3 meters) into chilly and somewhat shallow water.

"At the end of the day, everyone's cold, everyone's wet, but everyone's safe", Port Richey Police Department Detective Angel Russo added.

Other reports by Free-Prsite

Discuss This Article