18-year-old charged in connection with Parsons Green Tube explosion

Aaron Brown
September 23, 2017

Naming the suspect as Ahmed Hassan, Scotland Yard confirmed the 18-year-old has been charged in connection with the Parsons Green Tube terrorist attack.

He has been charged with attempted murder and maliciously causing an explosion likely to endanger life or cause series injury to property.

He will appear before the Westminster magistrate's court later on Friday.

Thirty people were injured when a device exploded on a train at Parsons Green station, in southwest London, during the Friday morning rush hour.

The teenager has been in custody since he was arrested in the port town of Dover in Kent last Saturday, in a joint operation by Kent Police and Scotland Yard. "There were many hundreds of grams of TATP in the device, an electronic timer and several containers of quantities of metal shrapnel including knives, screws and similar items clearly created to cause severe injuries and death to those nearby", she said.

Six men were arrested in connection with the bombing.

US takes North Korea threat of H-bomb test seriously, Trump official says
Moon deemed North Korea's provocation "deplorable", prompting Trump to compliment his word choice. Instead of reining in North Korea's nuclear ambitions, Trump's insults appear to be fueling them.

National Football League notes: Bradford might return on Sunday for Vikings
After a definitive 29-19 Week 1 win over the New Orleans Saints , the Vikings fell to the Steelers last week on the road 26-9. Dont'a Hightower, Rob Gronkowski and Danny Amendola all participated in practice Wednesday and should be a go for Sunday.

Taco Bell Is Ditching Drive-Thrus and Adding Booze
These "in-line" destinations will serve beer, wine, sangria and Twisted Freezes (meaning slushies with tequila, rum or vodka). Another interesting point: According to Food & Wine, the chain's drive-thrus make up around 55 to 70 percent of its revenue.

One of those released was a 21-year-old from Syria.

Two other men - aged 48 and 21- were released from police custody yesterday with no further action.

The man aged 30 was arrested in a Newport at a "halfway house" for asylum seekers, according to neighbours.

The head of the Met Police's Counter Terrorism Command, Dean Haydon, has described the investigation as "fast moving", adding: 'A significant amount of activity has taken place since the attack'.

The Met Police said searches were continuing at four addresses and were expected to continue for some days.

Other reports by Free-Prsite

Discuss This Article

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER