Chamberlain: Chelsea ready to splash £25M on Arsenal star

Kristopher Nichols
August 11, 2017

As had been reported earlier by The Telegraph, progress between Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Arsenal over a new contract has suddenly faltered after the England winger became frustrated that he has still not been offered a new deal.

The 23-year-old is in the final year of his contract and the Daily Star say he has been offered a new deal.

Oxlade-Chamberlain had a fantastic season for Arsenal a year ago, playing in a variety of positions, including right wing, central midfield, and even as a right wing back.

However, the Reds have, so far, not quite made a concrete bid, and Chelsea are looking to take advantage of that situation by going in for the Arsenal player.

Blues' boss Antonio Conte is an admirer of the England global and is keen to add him to his squad as he prepares for a return to the Champions League.

Usher accused of 'exposing fans to herpes' in new lawsuit
Sharpton said she was handpicked by a security guard at the concert, after which she dropped her number for subsequent contact. One of the clients is 21-year-old Quantisia Sharpton, who said she met Usher at a concert she attended for her 19th birthday.

Manhunt Underway After Officer Shot and Killed During Traffic Stop
A manhunt was underway in Missouri Monday for a person of interest in the fatal shooting of a police officer . Tactical teams have cordoned off the area around the crash and are searching for the suspect Monday.

Van Dijk justified in trying to force move - Advocaat
In what could be called a stunning turnaround, Liverpool manager Jürgen Klopp recently spoke of the club's transfer targets. However, the Saints are refusing to sanction Van Dijk's switch away, insisting he will spend the season at Southampton .

Oxlade-Chamberlain is one of the Italian's top targets and he is now poised to test Arsenal's resolve to hang onto him.

"Yes [he is part of my plans], I think in his career he had some bad moments because he had some small injuries", Wenger said on Wednesday.

Whether Arsenal will resist a huge bid for a player who is out of contract next summer and has rarely been a regular starter remains to be seen.

When Arsenal fans were forced to accept after last season's disappointing Premier League campaign, which saw us miss out on the Champions League for the first time in many years, that the long serving manager Arsene Wenger would not be replaced as many of us hoped, it was with the proviso that things would change. But the Ox is supposedly on Conte's shortlist, and he's a player who would make a ton of sense as a much-needed addition to the squad. He will continute to move up beecause the potential is there.

Other reports by Free-Prsite

Discuss This Article

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER