Diego Costa says he isn't wanted at Chelsea anymore

Kristopher Nichols
June 15, 2017

Costa saw a big-money move to China fall through in January while his former club Atletico, who are keen to bring the 28-year-old back to the Vicente Calderon, can not register new players until January 2018 because of a transfer ban.

Breaking the news in his own unique style, Costa told reporters following Spain's 2-2 draw with Colombia on Wednesday night that Conte had sent him a short text informing the striker that he was not in his plans for next season.

Atletico are banned by Federation Internationale de Football Association from registering players before January but could buy Costa and loan him out until then.

Earlier, Costa told Spain's Mundo Deportivo newspaper that he would be willing to move to "any club in Spain, Italy or Brazil".

Costa scored 22 goals last season to help Chelsea to the Premier League title and the FA Cup final, where he bagged a consolation as Arsenal ran out 2-1 victors.

Sessions to face sharp questions on Russian Federation contacts
The Justice Department has responded, citing the need to follow "appropriate policies regarding contacts with the White House". King was incredulous to learn how little Sessions says he knew about the intelligence on Russian meddling in the USA election.

Paris Terrorist Copies Palestinian Authority Attackers Using Hammer, Kitchen Knives
In November 2015, 130 people were killed by gun-and-bomb attacks on several Paris locations, including the Bataclan concert hall. Karine Dalle, a spokeswoman for the Paris diocese, told BFM TV 900 people were inside the cathedral as police secured the area.

Puerto Rico mulls political status in new referendum
Puerto Rico has a huge debt load of $70 billion - or about $20,000 for every man, woman and child living on the island. Following the results, Governor Ricardo Roselló said, "An overwhelming majority voted for statehood".

Tianjin's interest in a potential £76 million move has receded in recent weeks, but Chelsea are keen to get the maximum return from any sale as they prepare to finance a move for Everton striker Romelu Lukaku, who is valued at £100m. "I have to wait to see what decision the club makes".

Conte had previously told the Spanish global that he wasn't in the team's plans as Lukaku is set to join Chelsea. "In life there are good and bad people".

"The most important thing is that my team-mates want me". I have to think about the World Cup. The Italian midfielder's agent has confirmed that the player has offers from clubs across Europe, but admits that it will be a hard to engineer a move owing to his lengthy contract that runs until 2021 if his current employers Paris Saint-Germain do not want to sell.

Jair Costa ended up explaining a few more details of the striker's possible departure from Chelsea, and made it clear there are many options for him in the transfer market. Many friends called me in the last hours to ask about it, but Diego did not comment on that.

Conte dropped Costa after he had a training- ground row with a club fitness coach in January and has been frustrated by the player's relaxed lifestyle.

Other reports by Free-Prsite

Discuss This Article

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER