Man accused in daughter's death says she died accidentally

Alejandro Massey
June 9, 2017

A man under investigation after his wife told police he killed their 6-year-old daughter and hid the body in an IL garage directed suspicion at his wife in a jailhouse interview.

A man was arrested on sex trafficking charges after his wife told Las Vegas police she had been sex trafficked for two years.

It started with a mother's tip from Las Vegas: Search the garage.

During the interview with detectives, the woman also told police that during an altercation with her husband, he killed her 6-year-old daughter, put her body in a container and hid it in a garage in IL.

She said that Quate forced her into prostitution for two years and physically abused the children.

Quate told a Post-Dispatch reporter that when the family lived in Belleville, his three daughters had a habit of keeping food in their mouths well past mealtime. His bail was set at $23,000 cash on the previous charges.

Israel's in love with its homegrown Wonder Woman Gal Gadot
Whether or not " Wonder Woman " was any good really wasn't at the top of my list of requirements for it. Though Steve's sacrifice has a profound effect on Diana, his actions in itself were inspired by her.

FedEx St. Jude Classic Monday qualifiers, leaderboard
A field of 156 players will tackle TPC Southwind in the final tournament before the focus shifts to Erin Hills for the U.S. Plus, wouldn't it be just like Phil to put on a show to increase the chatter about his no-show at the U.S.

Her team was disqualified because she was mistaken for a boy
On Tuesday the organizers released a statement to WOWT 6 claiming that a typo on the roster led to the team's disqualification. Mili Hernandez cuts her hair short because she doesn't like her hair long.

The woman said her husband, 34-year-old Jason Quate, was responsible for the child's death in 2015. She accused him of abusing her for years and told investigators that he forced her to prostitute herself.

Quate's wife says that he killed their youngest daughter in 2013 and left her body in a bin in a garage of an abandoned home in Centreville.

No charges have been filed yet related to the death of the young girl. "I've begged her to get a regular job", Quate said.

But at the Las Vegas apartment complex that police raided earlier this week, detectives paint a different picture.

Authorities from IL plan to travel to Las Vegas, but it's unclear if Quate will be extradited to face murder charges for reportedly killing his 6-year-old daughter in 2013. "I'm the only one who's been loving to them", he said. Belleville police said a team of investigators is headed to Nevada. Las Vegas police said the two surviving girls were kept inside virtually all the time and didn't attend school. The coroner in St. Clair County said an autopsy was planned. She wanted to do all this. Ray Spencer. "I will tell you just in the 19 years of law enforcement it is one of the cases I will never forget".

Neighbors told a reporter from KTNV-TV in Las Vegas that they frequently heard yelling coming from the apartment. "You have some very seasoned SWAT officers who were visibly shaken and moved by how disturbing of a scene it was out there this morning", said Las Vegas police Lt.

Other reports by Free-Prsite

Discuss This Article

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER